Friday 7 October 2011

Thanksgiving crafts

I love seeing the cute crafts my kids bring home from playschool. It is interesting to see how their little personalities come through in their works of art. One of our kids was the colour in the lines type, another the half finisher variety, another the reluctant artist.

Our 4th child began playschool this fall and I have been excited to see the masterpieces he brings home. He is a bubbly, exuberant little fellow with a real zest for life. He is proud to show and tell me about what he has made.

With the impending Thanksgiving weekend, this weeks theme revolved around the turkey. As he pulled his turkey from his cubby, I immediately noticed its unique arrangement of feathers. Each of these paper feathers had been carefully placed and glued by my boys own little hands- even the one that was conspicuously placed between its legs. He could hardly wait to tell me about it. Eyes lit, smile wide, he blurted out "it has a penis!". "It goes pee, pee, pee. Its gonna pee on the potty!".

I tried hard to not burst out into laughter, but calmly smiled and nodded with a token "wow, that is really... nice." I poked my head back into the classroom and thanked his teacher for the wonderful craft. This one will definately go into the scrapbook.

A turkey with a penis, now there is a Thanksgiving first.


1 comment: