Monday 15 August 2011

Home sweet home

Holidays are great but it also feels good to come home. It is especially nice to come home in the summer to blooming flowers and an abundance of fresh veggies in the garden. Thanks to a great drip-line watering system and some faithful family, our garden stayed nice and lush in the heat. What a treat to feast upon homegrown peas, cucumber, zucchini and tomatoes. We were also spoiled this morning with a visit with family and some freshly cured bacon and farm eggs. Yes, it is good to be home!

I am mindful at the same time not to hold on too tightly to my treasures here. I am thankful for the temporal comforts we have but they won't last eternally. God keeps reminding me of this truth and my need to focus on His unfading truth and treasure and not the things that "moth and rust destroy" (Matthew 6:20).








No comments:

Post a Comment