Friday 15 July 2011

being a mama

Who could ask for a greater privilege than to be given the gift of children? I love my kids- they make me laugh, teach me patience and bring joy to our home. In the chaos of life it is easy to forget that we aren't the author of our lives and that only a split second separates this life from eternity. Last week one of our little ones choked on nuts and needed to be flown to the Children's Hospital for a bronchoscopy to remove the pieces from his lungs. Experiences like that hammer home the reality that life is fragile. Thankfully, the Lord protected him and he is now back to running around and getting into mischief with his cousins and siblings. It has shaken me though and brought me back to those core questions of 1) what is my real goal as a mom and 2) what is God's will and purpose for me. I have many thoughts about this and could spend days writing about what I feel He is teaching me. However, I know that the most important thing I am called to do as a mother is to raise my children to love Jesus and live in a way honours Him. Over the next several posts I hope to dig a bit deeper into the "how" of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment