Saturday 16 July 2011

What's the goal here?

Since summer hasn't arrived here yet, I am trying to seize the opportunity to get organized (organized is maybe to strong of a word) in our school room. We will have 3 kiddos homeschooling in the fall so our school room needed some tweaking. Fresh paint and more bookshelves have really brightened up the space. It has also given me time to reflect on what my overall goals are for our family and for each child this upcoming year. A very wise woman has encouraged me to always have goals in mind when parenting and planning school for my children. If you start with goals it is easier to decide how to structure your time, what issues are worth focusing on and, most importantly, how to pray for your children and family. I find that having the goal of raising children that love the Lord and put their worth in Him has helped me to decide what is worth our time and effort and what needs to be put on the back burner until another season. Hopefully today I will find the time to write down a couple of goals for myself and for C, G, S and J and then I can start to brainstorm ways to reach them. Now that I have officially written down that my goal for the day is to establish goals, I guess I better not get sidetracked puttering in the garden or making a mess in the kitchen. Darn, I hate making things so official.

1 comment: